Jasper, Ocean Tumbled Stones
- Alleviates stress and induces tranquility.
- Cleansing eliminates negative energy and stabilizes the aura.
- Ideal worry or rubbing stone for soothing the nerves and increasing one’s focus.
- Stone for banishing nightmares or harmful thoughts.
- A polished sphere of Ocean Jasper is particularly conducive for meditation, and is greatly enhanced by soft silver candlelight or moonlight.
- Talisman of patience, for oneself as well as for others.
- Encourages a gradual release of pent-up anger and emotional blockages.
- Great for healers and counselors to nurture themselves while helping others, while remaining objective in work.
Ocean Jasper is among the most diverse stones in the Jasper family. Very few stones look alike, with differing patterns, colors and orbital “eyes” making each piece unique and special. The orbs found on these stones give them its other name — Orbicular Jasper.
Recent research into the Madagascar-native stone suggests that Ocean Jasper may not be a Jasper at all — but rather a mineral chalcedony. This is potentially important in the gem and metaphysical world, as chalcedony is the mother stone of many of the world's semiprecious gems.
The most sought after Ocean Jasper stones have very distinct and tightly rounded “eyes.” That’s because the stone has become so over-mined, that modern material is quickly losing its Orbicular patterning. Older material shows far more orbs than newly mined stone.
At fox&toad, we hand-pick ever stone we sell and seek out only the finest quality Ocean Jasper tumbles with very prevalent orbs.
The name Jasper means "Spotted or speckled stone" and is derived from the Old French term jaspre. Jasper is known to have been a favorite gem in the ancient world; its name can be traced back in Arabic, Persian, Hebrew, Assyrian, Greek and Latin. On Minoan Crete, jasper was carved to produce seals circa 1800 BC, as evidenced by archaeological recoveries at the palace of Knossos.